Mankind’s relationship with nature is a difficult one – we must use it, live in harmony with it, protect it and protect ourselves from it. These visually striking images that we collected of tree roots colliding with concrete are beautiful symbolic representations of this complicated relationship. It’s hard to say what it is exactly about tree roots that capture our imagination, but they have done so for thousands of years.
I see the supermarket space as a space of manipulation. The attempt, in this action, is to subvert this structure of power. The pictures have been taken in collaboration with Photographer Pedro Motta, in a supermarket in the same neighbourhood of the art center. None of the products have been bought after the shooting.
Drawn in MS Paint
From Hobby Buddies
1. Poodle Club
2. Swiss Garrison (Serving the 501st Legion)
3. Association of Scientific Preparators • Verband Naturwissenschaftlicher PräparatorInnen
4. Tram Club • Tramclub
5. BDSM Regular’s Table • BDSM-Stammstisch
6. Santa Claus Group • Samichlaus–Gruppe
7. Hat Club • Hut-Club
8. Pigeon Fanciers’ Club • Taubenzüchterverein
9. Association for Mycology • Verein für Pilzkunde
10. Merriment Pipe-Smokers’ Club • Pfeifenclub Heiterkeit